Event date/time: Sunday,
June 22nd, 2014
Start time: 7:00am
· Packet Pickup & Fitness Expo Parking is available at Crown Valley Community Park at no cost.
· Race Day Parking is available at ____________________ until 6:00AM on Event Day. Additional parking is available at ____________________ at no cost.
Pre-Race Fitness Expo & Athlete Packet Pickup: Saturday,June 21st, 2014 from 9AM 4PM
Pick you will receive the
· Goodie Bag with promotional items
· Timing Chip (to be worn on your ankle at all times during the race for accurate time)
· Race Bib
(You will need this to get into Transition Area on Race Day)
· Event Shirt
Course Talks: Saturday,
June 21st. 10AM & 1PM
We encourage you to attend one of the two Pre-race talksespecially if you are unfamiliar with the area, you are relatively new to the sport or this is your first Triathlon.
- Triathlon Coach Russ Jones will review Course specifics and answer any questions you might have.
- USA Triathlon Head Referee, Eric Davidson, will give a brief discussion of the Rules of Triathlon.
This USA Triathlon sanctioned event is a Reverse Sprint distance triathlon consisting of a 5K run, 17K bike ride and 150 meter swim; the event also features a Duathlon (5K Run, 17K Bike & 5K Run) and runners of all capabilities will enjoy the 5K, 10K & 1 Kids running events. All athletes will start & finish at ___________________and compete on the same course.
The run course will take athletes on the trails through _______________________________________and back to the Park. 5K Runners will finish, 10K Runners will complete a second lap and Triathletes & Duathletes will transition onto their bikes on the soccer field then complete the bike course. The bike lane and adjacent lane of _______________________________________________will be used for the 17 kilometer bike segment on the streets of____________. Athletes must complete two laps of this 8.5K route. Duathletes will return to the Run Course to complete another 5K as Triathletes complete the 150 Meter Swim portion in the pool at the ___________________.
Weekend Event Schedule:
Saturday, February 16th
· 9AM Arrive to Packet Pick Up and visit Expo Vendors
· 10AM Course Talk with 2KR STAFF & USAT Official
· 1PM Course Talk with
· 4PM Packet Pick up & Fitness Expo ends.
· 5:30AM VIP Packet Pickup or Race Day Packet Pickup available ($15)
· 5:30AM Transition Area opens. Bike Racks will be marked by age group.
· 6:45AM Pre-Race Updates, Announcements & National Anthem by Katherine Cotter
· 7AM Race Starts. All athletes (except for Kids 1K will begin at the same time.)
· 7:05AM Kids 1K Starts
· 8:0AM Awards for 5K, 10K & Kids 1K
· 9:00AM Bike Course closes.
· 9:30AM Awards for Triathlon & Duathlon
· 10:00AM Event ends
Transition Area & Swim Course Maps:
Run Course Map:
- EVENT FLYER
- HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS